Tuesday 4 September 2018

Crayola Beauty


As soon as I heard Crayola were bringing out a beauty range, I thought that it was such a simple but amazing idea, and I would have to get my hands on some!
Makeup is all about colour and creativity, and Crayola is something you associate with both of those things, whether it is a child scribbling on a page, or an adult creating a wild festival look.

I am so glad they branded the products exactly the same as the crayons, as it brings out the inner child in all of us, and makes you instantly feel creative. Sold on ASOS, the range includes the crayons, mascaras, palettes, brushes and highlights. They really do stock every possible colour imaginable, so it caters to all skin tones too.

The prices are really reasonable too, so I can see it being incredibly easy to grow your collection quickly.

The highlighter crayon, £11, ASOS I got is in shade 'Desert Sand' as I wanted something a little warmer for the summer months when I use bronzer.


The formula has a really lovely shimmer and glides onto the skin really nicely.



It isn't the most blinding highlighter I've ever worn, but it looks really natural and pretty and melts into the skin.


Of course the real show stoppers are the Crayons,£9, ASOS themselves. I must admit I played it very safe when choosing my colours, but next time I'm willing to be a little bolder with my choices.

I had the intention of using the crayons as lipsticks so I went for Rose and Strawberry.




'Rose' is a really pretty pink that is wearable for day and night.



'Strawberry' is a punchy red with blue undertones. The collection does have a colour called 'Red' but that is a true red which may not suit all skin tones such as mine.


The design of the crayons means you can use the tip to get a perfect outline as liner around the lips, and then I used the crayon on its side to get a wider sweep of colour, and also to keep the vital tip pointed. 
They really do glide on are are really comfortable to wear, and also the smell of them is delicious. I don't know whether it was because I had pinkier shades, but they definitely had berry smells and tasted sweet too!
(I was an incredibly weird child who used to eat my wax crayons so I can confirm that these taste much better than the originals)

Using the crayons on the lips is the easiest way to wear your Crayolas, but why stop there?! Having red and pink shades, I have smudged a little over my cheeks to add a natural blush, and from following the Crayola Beauty instagram page, there is plenty of inspiration to get creative with your eyes too.


As someone who is a little inexperienced in eye makeup, the crayons are so blendable and require little to no tool, perfect for any novices or those just wanting to get stuck in.

The colours are so fun and bold, just a simple swipe of colour can make a huge impact, and I can't wait to blend two or more colours together to make a really cool look.



No comments:

Post a Comment