Monday, 19 January 2015

Yin and Yang Nails




Hi everyone! Today is the first manicure of 2015, and I have been inspired by a T shirt I got from Topshop before New Years. The Yin and Yang symbols are globally known, and represent the light and shade, and when together are a balance. I just bought the T shirt cos I liked it.


I took a screen shot these nails by 'celinedoesnails' absolutely ages ago because I liked them, and this reminded me that I had wanted to try them.


I decided to do a gradient as my base, so chose these colours, as I wanted purple-y tones. I chose 'Bright Purple' by Barry M, and 'Skinny Jeans' by Ciate, and sponged the two colours together on top of a white base coat to intensify the colours.



I then used nail art pens to draw on the Yin an Yang symbols. I started with a white circle as it is easier to get a stronger colour on white, and then added the black side on top, and finally the opposing dots.



Hope you enjoy, and keep your eyes out for new posts this week!