Tuesday 12 July 2016

Rimmel Lash Tinting Mascara

We are always looking for ways to make our eyelashes thicker, longer, and more fluttery. 

With plenty of eyelash treatments out there, such as tints, LVL's and eyelash extensions, natural beautiful lashes are easy to achieve. However these treatments take time, obviously cost money and need a lot of upkeep. The Rimmel Volume Colourist mascara promises to tint eyelashes as well as being a great volumising mascara. 

I have tinted my eyelashes before, but being able to combine the tinting with an everyday routine saves time as well as ensuring continual upkeep. It claims that you will be able to see the results of darker lashes after 2 weeks, so as it has been just over 2 weeks since I started wearing this new product, I thought it was time to see if this could be the new lash treatment to go for.

The mascara itself is this strange cube shape, and has a fairly standard wand.



Although the mascara claims to add volume, I felt it had a lot more to offer in terms of length. My lashes didn't look very thick, however the looked very long, be it a little skinny.






I wasn't wild on the effect at first, but I have started to get used to using it everyday, and having a longer lash.

So did the results of the tinting prove true? 

For me personally, I can see a slight colour change at the roots of my lashes, but not anywhere near the tips, which is were you want the tinting ideally as that will give the appearance of longer lashes.

As you can see my lashes are very fair. From the top, there was hardly any difference at all, but then when applying mascara, I use upward motions so the top of the lashes would have barely been effected by the mascara.

before 
after

From an more open eyed view, I think you can see more obviously where the tinting has worked on the roots of my lashes.
Before
after
Overall, I would say the claim of tinting lashes may be a little bit optimistic. Obviously I realise that they can only put a bit of dye in to make the mascara wearable everyday, but I was hoping for a little more from the mascara.

Before
After

I wouldn't give up on any eye lash treatments for this mascara. However the mascara is a good everyday wearable eye lash look. For £8.00 a tube, it maybe something you want in between treatments as a maintenance mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment