Friday 22 July 2016

Origins Ginzing Foil Face Mask

I am fairly new to Origins as a brand as I have only tried products from the Ginzing Range, however I absolutely loved the revitalizing range. The mix of coffee beans and orange zest really invigorate the skin and make it brighter and more radiant.

I saw via social media that there was a new mask to the GinZing range, and I wanted to try it straight away. I went to my local Origins counter in Boots and asked for a sample of the mask where the lovely lady gave me one to try as well as a mini sized GinZing moisturiser #megababe.

From what I'd seen online, it looks like a gold piece of foil on the face, so I was skeptical to think it actually looked like that, and thought maybe a little bit of photo editing had been used. Sure enough though, the mask appeared to have a metallic consistency, so I was impressed that it could live up to the expectation.


To apply the mask, I used an old foundation brush. I wouldn't apply the product with your hands as it is really thick, and feels like what I can only describe as melted down gold (whatever that feels like). The mask had a really citrussy smell, and when going under the eye area, it felt like the fragrance was wafting into my eyes so felt a bit stingy temporarily.

The lady at the counter said to leave it n for as long as possible so it hardened. I left it on for about half an hour which was really comfortable, and I knew when it was ready to peel due to that cracked feeling when I used any expression.





So next was the fun bit! With the help of my 9 year old sister who was itching to peel off the mask, we peeled it off in large chunks.



It took about 5 minutes to peel off, and it came of in bits rather than one whole mask. I needed to wash off any excess at the end, but it was really easy and not messy at all (provided you have a bin nearby). When peeling off slightly hairier areas near the eye brows and hairline, it felt a bit tender but other than that it was a really enjoyable and satisfying event!

Afterwards my skin felt unbelievably smooth, and appeared brighter due to dead skin cells being removed from the mask.

I would highly recommend this mask. At £24 for 75ml I think that is a good price for a mask that shows instant results. I used my whole pot in one go, but I imagine you can get at least 10 uses out of one tube. Is is suitable for all skin types and is a fun way to spend a Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment