Tuesday 21 October 2014

Topshop Makeup

I saw fashion and style blogger llymlrs do a video a few weeks ago on her Autumnal makeup regime. One of the things that stood out to me was the Topshop lipstick she wore, which was called 'Beguiled'. It was a deep berry colour that I love this time of year, and one I have struggled to find the perfect one. I have a similar colour by Rimmel which I do like, but the consistency and staying power is awful. It feels watery and like I've applied with a wet wipe which is a bit weird.
When I got to Topshop, I couldn't see the colour anywhere, but my friend cleverly spotted it in a little pack with this cream blush. I don't usually like cream blushes, but I was so desperate for the lipstick I purchased the pack for £12.00.




The lipstick is everything I dreamed of and more! I love the colour it gives, and the lasting power is quite decent too. You do need to reapply it occasionally, but it gives a nice finish and doesn't smudge at all.

So onto the blush which I wasn't fussed about to start. I am actually really glad that these two came as a pair because I love them, especially together! I think I have mastered how to apply the cream blush now it, and use my fingers to apply to the apples of my cheeks, then spread out and upwards. I also finish of with my Beauty Blender that came in this Birchbox. Due to my pale complexion, I need to use peachier colours like this, and it gives a really bright, dewy finish which feels comfortable on the skin.


I love how the peachy cheeks contrast with the darker lip. It gives a fresh and bright look, and I think they are an absolutely winning combination. It is my favourite look for Autumn at the moment 

Scrunchie from Topshop also

Lily's Autumn video is here



No comments:

Post a Comment