Sunday 23 March 2014

February Birchbox


I am now onto my second Birchbox and I am still loving all the goodies I have been getting! This one in particular scored well in my eyes, so I will get straight to it and tell you what I got!

Gilchrist and Soames Shower Gel


I have always thought Gilchrist & Soames was a very posh brand that you only ever see in expensive hotels, so I felt very posh indeed when I got my shower gel from them in my Birchbox. The smell is  really lovely, one I can't explain. Its a very luxurious shower gel.

Urban Veda Exfoliating Polish


I have received Urban Veda in a Glossy Box before. I got the purifying day cream pictured on the right, which is for more oily skin. At the time I had very dry skin, but recently my skin is been more oily, so getting the polish reminded me to give it a try. I really like both of these products. I thought the polish would smell more fruity, but it actually smells quite spa like. The polish is quite abrasive so you get a good old scrub. The day cream smells like tea tree and moisturises my face whilst mattifying the skin and balancing the oil. Urban Veda is an entirely natural brand which I love, and the products are really reasonably priced for natural products. The scrub is £8.99 and the day cream £8.99. I think I may explore into this brand a bit more!

Beauty Protector Hair Oil


I am a huge fan of hair oil, and this Beauty Protector oil is a lovely addition to my collection. It smells like vanilla, and it protects against heat and UV rays. It tames fly aways and prevents frizz. My only wish is that it came in a spray bottle rather than one you pour as it can get a little messy. It is a nice little product but I think I prefer some other hair oils I have tried in the past.

Leighton Denny Nail Polish


I was really happy to receive a full sized Leighton Denny polish usually priced at £11.00! I would preferred a brighter colour, but you can't go wrong with a classic black for your collection! This colour is called 'maneater' and it is a very deep black, it has no shimmer or metallic, its just a flat, black high gloss polish. 

Eyeko Liquid Eyeliner Pen


This was the absolute god send of this box. I saw a Space NK store advertising Eyeko products with Alexa Chung as the face of it all and was instantly intrigued. The liquid eyeliner pen has been my recent most favourite product, and this Eyeko one really is the best one I have come across. The colour is really good and the the nib is perfect for precise cat flick eyes. It is waterproof so it can go on the lash line and goes on effortlessly over eye shadow. There is also a matching mascara that goes with the eye liner, so I think I will give that a go when I repurchase the eyeliner which I certainly will!



I also received a little Green and Blacks choccy which was a lovely little touch. I'm really into dark chocolate at the moment plus its better for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment