Thursday 5 June 2014

May Birchbox

My final 'Katy Perry' post is not actually to do with Katy Perry at all, it is however my May Birchbox review. It was a perfect weekend away box though, with everything you could possibly need!


So without further ado, here is the May Birchbox.

Beauty Protector Shampoo and Conditioner


It was a little luxury receiving 2 products as one in my birchbox! This shampoo and conditioner are both natural and are great for heat abused hair. The smell was really pretty and sweet and not the usual natural smell you get from products. It was really nice to use and I got a few uses out if them, not just for my weekend away.

Soigne Nail Polish


This is not usually the sort of colour I would go for when choosing a polish. I much prefer brighter colours, but this one is quite a pretty nude shade. I had not heard Soigne before this box, and it was a full size which was very generous. I hope to see a bit more from the brand.

Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara



I have used Benefit's 'they're real' on and off for a few years now. My aunty actually introduced it to me because she was so impressed with the effects it had. It is the number 1 mascara all over the world, and with its really durable, long thick lash effect. I like the effect this mascara has on my lashes but I have been using my Chanel volumizing mascara which I find has a better effect on my lashes.

Aromatherapy Associates Revive Morning Bath Oil


I have done a couple of posts on Aromatherapy Associates before, one being my review on their award winning Relax Deep  bath oil, which is like a huge sleeping pill. The revive morning which I received, is a bit like the counterpart to the relax deep, as the blend of exotic ingredients helps to revive you after the night before, which I certainly needed after a few drinks at Katy Perry. As I didn't have time for a bath, I just rubbed the oil onto dry skin and waited for it to absorb. I took in all the lovely smells then showered it off, leaving my skin feel much softer and my head less fuzzy. These bath oils are the highest percentage of essential oil on the market at 30%. The price has gone up since my last bath oil review, and these are now £40.00 at full size but are really powerful little oils.

Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser


I actually did a review of the Hot cloth cleanser not too long ago so I won't bore you with the same information again, I'll just leave you with the link. I will however say that this was the perfect cleanser for a weekend away as it removes makeup, and comes with the muslin cloth. This travel size lasts for ages too. Liz Earle bring out a limited edition of this every year, at the moment they have they're summer edition of Orange flower and Chamomile which would have been nice to try!

My original review is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment