Thursday 3 July 2014

Tie Dye Nails

Hi everyone, as you may or may or not have known, I was at Glastonbury festival over the weekend hence my absence from the old blog. Now I am back, my nails are a state, my hair has been dried and bleached from the sun, and I have mud engrained in my pores. I had an amazing time though and would go back in a second! Before I went, I wanted to do some hippy inspired tie dye nails, as I have seen a few popping up on Pinterest and Instagram pages.


First, I painted my nails white to let the neon colours I wanted to use, really pop. I then went and got my Models Own neon collection, which you can read about in more detail here. Starting from the centre, I dotted each colour into a swirl, not being to neat to give the Tie Dye effect. I then went back and did another layer of each colour. It took quite a long time and I am not 100% happy with the way it came out so think I will try another technique next time.


As these were especially for Glastonbury, I decided to add some lettering onto the nails, which I posted up on my Instagram. I'm not going to post it so you HAVE to go to my instagram to see it. Whilst your there you may as well give it a follow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment