Friday 8 November 2013

Mexican Candy Skulls

I'm so sorry it has been so long since I've posted, I have had a busy week! Anyway, I posted a picture on my social media sites (see links in the side bar on the right) at the beginning of the week of my Mexican candy skull nails. I didn't quite want Halloween to end just yet as I didn't get to dress up this year. So here they are!



Funnily enough just before I posted theses nails, Wah Nails actually posted the same nail art with the same caption so I promise I didn't copy! The nail art design is however from the Wah Nails Downtown girls book which I am steadily making my way through in terms of mimicking the designs.




The great thing about these nails is that they are actually really easy to achieve but they look really effective!
All you will need is some white polish and nail art pens. 
I used Barry M white and models own nail art pens in hot pink, pastel green, black and gold.


 The only new thing I used in this nail art is the fimo canes that my wonderful friend and fellow nail art lover Lucy gave me. They are little tubes with a pattern that you slice off to use. I like this idea as you can re use them over and over, and they're a sort of rubber consistency. For this design, I think I cut the slices to thick so the candy eyes didn't stay on for as long as I had hoped. I'd suggest using a very sharp knife or scalpel to get the width perfect.


I simply painted the base white and stuck on the eyes. With the black nail art pen I drew and upside down heart for the nose, then outlined the teeth. After that is done, you can get creative with colours. In the Wah Nails book they also used stick on gems for the glittery bits but I just dotted with the gold nail art pen. 


These are not as perfect as I want them yet so I will be sure to do them again in the future. Keep your eyes peeled!

No comments:

Post a Comment