Tuesday 27 May 2014

April Birchbox

Propercorn Fiery Worcester Sauce & Sun-Dried Tomato flavour


Birchbox like to pop in a few treats to eat as well as to enjoy which I think is a nice touch. After last months disappointing stick of rock, this month I got a little bag of popcorn which is a snack I often choose! Its low fat and light and still enjoyable. Popcorn is becoming pretty trendy at the moment, as lots of new flavours are being explored and this is a perfect example of an exotic flavour. This flavour had a real spicy kick and were a good example of savoury popcorn.

Tommy Guns Shampoo


I have never heard of this brand before, but after a bit of research, I found out Tommy Guns is a professional hair dresser based in Soho. This Pomegranate and Orange Flower shampoo is for all hair types and is a general protecting shampoo, and it smells really summery but is quite subtle. It is supposed to help lighten fairer shades of hair too although I haven't noticed much of a difference yet. I have been using natural hair care for a long time now so it felt strange going back to something that foamed up. I didn't mind this shampoo but I probably wouldn't buy it again just because I felt it didn't do anything a different shampoo could do. Maybe with the matching conditioner it would enhance it a little more! Here is a link to the website anyhow incase you wanted to browse yourselves

Color Club Nail Polish




For this Birchbox, we got to go online and choose which colour we wanted. I went for this mint green metallic colour. I usualy hate metallic colours, but all the colours had a metallic finish. I have to say that this polish is no exception, I really am not keen on it! I think metallic finishes just remind m of old ladies (sorry all old ladies/ metallic finish lovers) I thought the pastel green would win me over but I am just not a fan. Maybe with a bit of nail art over the top would look better!

The Balm Cosmetics cheek and lips cream



I am not usually a fan of creme blush so I just used my 'the balm cosmetics' cream lush on my lips. As you can tell by the name, this company just does balm makeup and I really like the quirky packaging. This was a really nice colour for the lips but maybe a bit much for the cheeks. It was a really soft texture but the lasting power wasn't great.

Lord & Berry Black Eye Liner


This Lord and Berry eye liner was a really good size to squeeze into my makeup bag, it is good for travelling. Lord and Berry is sold on Asos and looks like a really good brand although slightly similar to Bobbi Brown. It is quite reasonably priced as a high end band and has a wide variety of makeup. I don't tend to use liners like this one but they are handy too have!

One Love Organics Beauty Balm



Beauty Balms are slowly becoming the must have skin care product for everyone. Although some people are sceptical about having a thick and sometimes oily balm on their face, once used to it, they are a fantastic multi use product that can be used for everything. I usually use beauty balms just for cleansing but with this one I have tried to use it more universally. As far as cleansing goes, this really does remove all my makeup including eye makeup, and it leaves my skin feeling really soft and balmy. Perhaps a little bit too balmy as I have to use a second cleanser after washing with it. I have used it a couple of times overnight as a moisturiser, especially when i have been a little sun burnt over the last few days. It really soothes the skin.

My only problem with this product is the smell. It smells a bit orangey and is quite sweet but I think its a little too sickly after a while which is a bit annoying if its on your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment