Tuesday 20 May 2014

Clinique Clarifying Toner





This product has saved my face.
Dramatic statement to make, but in order for me to express just how amazing this product is, I will need to set the scene for you. Let me take you back to a few weeks ago...

 The dryness around my nose that I have spoken about in quite a few of my posts hit a new low. It was constantly flaking and was drier than ever. It had spread round my mouth and people started commenting on it which is when you know it has got bad. Luckily, I don't get upset when people mention these things, and will often prompt conversation about it in order to find a solution. My friend took me over to the Clinique counter where I work, as she had seen they do a cream called 'Moisture surge intense', which she thought would be perfect for my dryness. When I got to the counter, the lovely lady shocked me by recommending something that would have been the last thing I would have thought to remedy my dryness: a toner.

I usually think of toners as being very harsh and drying on the skin, but she explained that the clarifying lotion works as a very mild exfoliant, and gently buffs away at dead skin in order for the skin to balance itself out. It restructures itself leaving a flat surface for more moisturising products to penetrate the layers of skin. The way she described it to me, was that my flaky skin was leaving big holes in the surface of my skin, so any moisturising products were just falling through and not actually hydrating the dryness.

I can honestly say that from the first use, my skin was 100% healed! She gave me a sample pot to try and a couple of days later I went back and bought the full lotion for £16.50 because I was so impressed by the results. The lotion she recommended me was the mild one as the dryness is a sensitivity, although there is a lotion for every skin type, ranging from skin type 1 being very dry, to skin type 4 which is very oily, plus a full skin care regime to try for each skin type which I want to try next.

I wish I had taken a picture of how bad my skin was before to show you the dramatic difference it has made. I have had absolutely no problems whatsoever since using the lotion which is such a huge relief for me. I can now concentrate on my skin as a whole, rather than constantly thinking about how my dry nose would react to certain products.

I must also mention the original product that prompted me to try Clinique, which was the 'moisture surge intense'. The Clinique lady also gave me a little pot to try and it has lasted me forever, probably because I am not needing to use it as much anymore. This was really good for the couple of days following the clarifying lotion, and is a great product to reach for as an instant relief.



If you want to give Clinique a go, then take a look at their website here. You can also take a quiz which will diagnose your skin type for you

I am really impressed with the results I have had from Clinique, have you ever tried any of these products?


No comments:

Post a Comment