Thursday 8 May 2014

March Birchbox

As we reach the start of May it is about time I should review my March Birchbox I received.

Korres Body Lotion


Korres is a brand that I regularly hear asked after in the beauty department in which I work. Unfortunately we do not stock this range, but I was over joyed to see a large product of theirs in my Birchbox. The product is a citrus body milk, and I really really like it! The milk itself is really light and easily absorbed, and my skin feels moisturised all day long, even when I'm having my evening shower, I can still feel that my skin is moisturised. The smell is really nice and not overpoweringly citrus-y, and has a bit of a woody undertone which is subtly sophisticated. A little bit really goes a long way and I am still using this product after a couple of months!

Dr. Brandt Pore Refiner


This product is very similar to the Benefit 'Pore-fessional' I received in my last box. It is a coloured primer that covers the appearance of pores. I don't really suffer from large pores, but it is a really good makeup base that lasts all day. It can be applied over makeup but I prefer to just use it underneath.

Benefit 'Stay don't stray' eye shadow base


Speaking of Benefit, this concealer and eye shadow primer was a really good product. It has a light colour to it, and is applied underneath and on top of the eye. It makes your eye shadow and concealer really stick, and it lasted all day for me! I even had a bit of trouble getting my makeup off in the evening, so this is a really good product for keeping makeup on. 

Molten Brown Rhubarb & Rose Hand Cream



The rhubarb and rose hand cream is the latest scent to come from Molten Brown. We have a Molten Brown counter at the department store I work in and they let everyone have a try of it when it first came in so I already new about this product. The smell is so yummy and smells like rhubarb and custard sweets.

Christopher Wicks No7 perfume


This fragrance is slightly spicy and zesty but has floral undertones. Its very feminine and summery but not too strong.

Finally the theme of the box was LuLu Guinness, so this stick of rock was the influence on the box, a little strange as it hasn't got much to do with the brand, but the little Birchbox booklet had a lot of interviews with her. I don't like rock so this was a bit wasted on me!



No comments:

Post a Comment