Thursday 6 November 2014

October Birchbox


I will go on to talk more about the 'Coppafeel' theme of this Birchbox later on, so for now, lets jump right in and see what the October Birchbox had in store for me this month.

KMS Hair Texturing Style Spray


This didn't give me the best hold, but the almost spray putty texture meant I could really mould my hair into any style. It could still be felt a few days after using meaning mouldable hair was always possible, and it didn't have a sticky, or hard finish to it. As I said, the hold wasn't brilliant so you would probaly need to use a bit of hairspray afterwards to keep it in your desired style.

Balance Me Cleansing Balm


This cleansing balm had quite tough granules in to get the smoothing effect which I find to be a little coarse to start. Other than that, I really enjoyed using this cleansing balm and have found myself being a bit lost without it now. I really like cleansing balms this time of year as they add a little more moisture.

Pixi Tinted Lip Balm


This Pixi tinted lip balm is the perfect colour for a more easily achievable and quick way to do the Kylie Jenner lips I talked about in my post the other day. This dark nude colour is really nice for this time of year, and it's highly moisturising so a bit more comfortable to wear in the colder winter months.

Lollipops Nail Polish


This Lollipops nail varnish is a really curte shade of red. It is proper red if you know what I mean?! It doesn't have any other tones in it so it is a very bright and fresh colour. The consistency was a bit thin so you definitely need 2 or more coats, but as a brand I've never heard of before, this has really impressed me and gone to my go to colour when I want that classic red nail. Perfect for Christmas time.

The Cool Fix


I thought this was an odd product to put in the October Birchbox, as I felt it would have been better suited in a summer box where overshaving legs for summer skirts everyday can cause a lot of in grown hairs and razor burn. Once the cold hits, limbs go back into tights and leggings, so shaving can be kept to a minimum and the inner gorilla in us can come out again. I am joking... kind of. Anyway, I found this to be a really useful product, particularly on my underarms as I have really sensitive skin under there, and this helped to soothe the skin and keep rashes at bay. It also meant shaving the next time could be done sooner than usual and not be a scary, painful experience.

Birchbox Lipstick Pen


The theme of this box was a collaboration with 'coppa feel' which is charity who aim to make sure you are regularly checking your breasts for lumps or any irregularities. This cute little lipstick pen means you can mark in your diary when you last checked, so you can make sure you are keeping up to date with it! I love this little pen, it goes perfectly with my diary!


For more information go to coppafeel.org


No comments:

Post a Comment