Thursday 24 November 2016

My Top 5 Autumn/Winter Lipsticks

Lipstick is probably my favourite makeup staple out there. It really finishes off your makeup, and I feel my shade of lipstick can reflect how I'm feeling or the kind of person I want to be that day.
Winter in particular is a great time to experiment with a darker shade, a berry tone, or a more racy red you wouldn't wear any other time of year.

Here are my top 5 lipsticks for the Autumn/Winter seasons.


From left to right

'Diva' by Mac

In all honesty, I have really neglected this colour over the years, but it is a gorgeous deep berry tone that I have been reaching for recently, I am a sucker for a matte lip, so this one ticks all the boxes for me. Just make sure your lips are nourished or it can go a bit chapped and chalky!

Lancome L'Absolu Rogue Shade 361

This Lancome colour is a much lighter berry colour and also a bit more sheer, so better for the day or a more subtle berry lip. It is really moisturing though and really comfortable to wear. Although it is fairly sheer, I find the fade is still a really pretty colour, so you don't have to race to reapply.

Rimmel London Kate Moss collection shade 01

I am no stranger to red lips, but find I usually go for quite bold reds with blue undertones to compliment by fair skin. I love this Rimmel red because it has a burnt orange tone to it, so it differs to my other reds. Perfect to match those orange autumnal leaves.

Urban Decay Vice collection Back Talk Comfort Matte

This is the  newest lipstick to my collection. I have recently been loving nude lips, but for the winter time, I find this one is perfect as it is quite a deep nude. It has a darker tone to it which makes it more of a smouler nude than a natural nude.

Mac Viva Glam Ariana Grande 

Lastly, is my Mac Viva Glam Ariana Grande lipstick which is a really dark, deep purple, which verges on black. I haven't been brave enough to wear this enough yet, so will definitely take the leap over the next few weeks.
I actually did a whole post on this lipstick, so if you want to read a more in depth review of this lipstick, then click here 


I hope you enjoyed this post! Are there any Lipsticks that you find yourself wearing more in the colder months? Please let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment