Monday 20 May 2013

April Glossy Box

I haven't had as much time as I would usually like to write this post, as I haven't been able to throughly use all the products so far! This Glossy Box came out really late, and a couple of weeks later I have already had my May one through, so I felt the need to wrap this one up! This box was designed by Pearl Lowe and I think this is why the box came out so late. Its a really pretty design and perfect for the Spring theme.




Essie Nail Polish

So as you may know by now, I have A LOT of nail varnish. I own pretty much all of the Barry M collection, so I have been hesitant to start using Essie, even though everyone has been telling me how amazing it is. The reason I was so hesitant, is because I was scared I would like it and I would feel the need to buy the whole of their collection as well. This is the first time I ever used a Essie nail polish, and I have to say it is probably the neatest I have ever done my nails. The brush is really big but easy to handle, so it enables you to get right up to the cuticle. This colour is ' Rosebowl' which looked quite pink in the bottle, but was actually more red on the nail. This is just one coat of colour, and you can see it is a strong colour so doesn't need lots of reapplication. Unfortunately, I do quite like the polish and will probably bankrupt myself now. One thing I will say though is that the range of colours don't stand out to much to me. They're quite classic colours whereas I like a bit of difference in my nail polish!


A- Derma Lip Balm

I had no idea what this product was from the packaging. It was all in a different language so I had to look it up to find out it was a lip balm. And I must say it is a brilliant one. I have about 5 different lip balms in my hand bag from well known ranges such as Burt's Bees and Nivea, and THIS is the one I am reaching for. It is so soothing and feels really soft on your lips. It is in a squeezy tube so the product actually comes out and you can feel it working.  The 100% natural Rhealba Oat Milk is what gives it its soothing properties and I love it!

Nip + Fab Body Butter

I was really excited about this product when I saw it. I love a fruity smelling product and the products "24 hour moisture- boosting ingrediant Aquaxyl" sounded like it would be a nice rich butter. The butter feels nice on the skin and does lock in moisture, but the down side to the product for me is the smell. It does smell of mango, but it is so sickly sweet I can wear the butter on my legs, and no higher because it makes me feel a bit sick after a while. 

Yves Rocher Perfume

So as I have previously said, reviewing perfume is not easy! To me, this perfume smells like blueberries or a dark fruit. You don't need much of it to get a strong scent. The main ingredients are Tuberose, Vetiver and Patchouli. Its a very sweet scent which I would recommend for summer evenings.


Sleek Blush

This 'Sleek' blush I received came in the shade 'suede'. It was more of a bronzer than a blush, but it gave a really warm peach tone to my skin, whereas my usual bronzer is just a solid brown. Sleek pride themselves on their highly pigmented colours. They also do little trio colours for more variety, and also contouring kits. Sleek makeup can be found in Superdrug and their prices are very reasonable. This blush is £4.49, and they have a huge selection of products (see here) . Sleek is a brand I will look into more I think.



As always, if you are interested in subscribing to Glossybox, follow my personal link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment