Saturday 6 July 2013

May Glossy Box

Once again I have gotten behind with my Glossy Box reviews, and what reminded me to do this one was my burnt nose as I remebered I had a sun cream in my May Glossy Box (the nose is doing ok now). So this is all the way back from May and it was the Glossy Box 2 year birthday so it was quite a special one!


'Headline Colours' nail polish

The shade I received in my Glossy Box was a shade called 'Twisted Silk', which is a off white pinky shade. I wasn't sure when it was in the bottle but now it's on I do quite like it as a subtle cool colour. It took me FOREVER to get the lid off! It was really really stuck but once I managed to get it off, the first coat was a bit stripey but after the second coat it evened itself out. The polish is free of toxins which is good for my post Glastonbury detox I am currently undergoing, and it has UV absorbents for staying power which is good now its getting sunny (hurrah). A full size pot is £9 which is quite a lot for a new  brand, but they appear to have a large range of colours which I like in a brand!


La Roche Posay SPF 50

How I wish I remebered this when I went to Glastonbury! This sun cream has been around for 30 years and is recommened by dermatologists. It has a gel formula which is similar to the 'Ultra Sun' Cream I took away with me, which means it is absorbed quickly leaving no white marks. I also saw this in my Marie Claire magazine a few weeks ago recommended as a summer holiday essential.


Stone Beauty Body Lotion

This body lotion is from an up and coming brand based in London. It is free from nasties like sulphates and parabens and has hydrating coconut oil and shea butter. It has all the boxes ticked in my eyes when it comes to a product, but I just didn't like it. The lemon scent was way too strong for my liking, and the tiny lid made it really hard for me to get the stuff out. I'm not a huge fan of the label either as I think it looks quite cheap. A full size of this is £10.00 which isn't bad but I probably won't be investing in it!


Jelly Pong Pong

After receiving a Jelly Pong Pong lip crayon in a Glossy Box a few months ago, I was absolutely ecstatic to see I had received another one of their products in the form of their mascara. The 'Fairy Lashes' mascara had a cute box and the wand was a nice shape. I don't like to slate products, and always try to look for a nice way to put it if I don't like something, but I absolutely hated this! It did nothing for my lashes and half way through my day at work, I actually had to take it off because it felt so horrible! The texture was really elasticy which is usually a good thing in a mascara, as it shows flexibility, but this stuff was literally like rubber. I tend to play with my lashes a lot, especially if they have lumps of mascara attached. When I tired to pull out a lump of mascara the stuff would string out for about 2cm which I think is just weird! It felt really horrible of my lashes so I just had to take it off. I won't use this mascara ever again which is a shame. I won't write off Jelly Pong Pong as I loved their lip crayon so much, but I will avoid this mascara like the plaque!


Glossy Box Nail Files

These are the first Glossy Box own products I have received. These cute little nail files are handbag size and disposable so once they're worn you can break of another one. I found them a little too harsh on my nails and a bit too sandy.


Beautiful Movements Primer

This product absolutely saved this box for me. I didn't really like a lot of the products but this one redeemed it. Unfortunately, I finished the pot and forgot to take a picture of it before I threw it away, but it was just a little sample sized pot with a clear gel like substance inside so your not missing anything aesthetically! 'Beautiful Movements Cosmetics' formerly known as BM cosmetics is actually founded by Kimberly Wyatt from the Pussy Cat Dolls. This primer was absolutely amazing and I'm really sad it was such a small pot! It made your skin feel like silk and was the perfect base for makeup.You can also mix it with foundation, blush or eye shadows to get an air brush effect. I really love this product and for £20 for 20g it is something I would consider investing in!

Picture courtesy of Google



No comments:

Post a Comment