Tuesday 30 July 2013

June Glossy Box




Organic Surge Conditioner
Since working on a predominantly natural beauty department, I have become more in the know about some of the ingredients that are put into our skin and hair care that shock me! I'm starting to sound like a bit of a hippy, but a lot of things we take for granted in high street brands are actually really harmful to us, and I've been making more of an effort to avoid these products. Things such as engine oils and the like go into our hair products, which you would never dream of putting on your head otherwise. Working near brands like Aveda and Liz Earle have made me more interested in natural haircare, so I was so happy when I got my Organic Surge natural conditioner, as it stears clear from all the nasty things that are put into our haircare. I had never heard of the brand and I love this conditioner, and will definitely be buying the matching shampoo and a new conditioner when I finish. It smells of grapefruit and makes your hair feels really clean and detangled. Really happy with this product, especially as it was a full size!


MonuSpa Hand cream
I don't tend to use handcream in the summer but this one is nice and lightweight and very citrusy smelling. I personally find the smell a little bit too overpowering, but it sinks into the skin quickly so you can get on with your day. It is also good for nails and cuticles and a nice size to tuck into your handbag.



Figs & Rouge Lip Balm
I wouldn't strictly call this a lip balm as the consistancy and look of it is more like a lip gloss. I don't usually like the feel of gloss on the lips as I find it too sticky but this one does not feel sticky and leaves a healthy shine to the lips. This is another product that is 100% natural and I love that!


Gosh Growth Mascara
Gosh is a brand I saw in Superdrug a few years back and thought it looked like a good makeup brand. I had never tried it up until now and I must say I was very impressed. This growth mascara feels really nice on the ashes and makes them look long and thick but not clumpy. It also has a growth formula in it so your lashes will grow longer and look thicker when your wearing it. Pretty impressive stuff.


MeMeMe Nail Polish
Finally we have my MeMeMe nail polish called 'Pensive'. At first I thought it was a standard pastel green colour, fit for summer. This polish is actually quite a striking and explainable colour when its on the nails. Its kind of pastel green/ baby blue/ aqua. Whatever it is, I love it, and have had many compliments whilst wearing it! These polishes are usually £5.00 so fairly highstreet.

No comments:

Post a Comment