Monday 2 September 2013

Chevron Nails





The 'nail term' for these arrows, is 'chevron', and I've seen so many different variations of it so thought I'd try my own. To create different layers, I invested in some scotch tape which is only about £2.00 or less from WHSmith. I will not lie to you, I found the tape a real nightmare to use, and abandoned it halfway though and resorted to a nail art pen for the finishing bits, but that's not to say it isn't a good technique. I think sometimes I like doing things by hand as I have more control, I know what you'll say, 'A good workman never blames his tools' yada yada yada.

Anyway! To create this look you will need:
scotch tape
scissors
3 different colours of nail varnish
top and base coat
nail art pens



To start, I used my favourite ever shade of Mavala polish, Elle. This is the first Mavala polish I ever bought and its such a lovely grey that looks deep purple in some lights, and a dusty brown in others.



After cutting the scotch tape into my desired shape, I positioned it on the nail where I wanted, and painted over it using the Barry M metallic silver.


Whilst still a little wet, peel it of slowly to reveal the first chevron.


Repeat the process again and then use your next colour. I chose the Models Own neon yellow, to make the darker shades pop.



(here was where I abandoned the tape) I next carefully drew lines from the very center tip of my nail to create another chevron...


...and then filled it in.


Finally, I outlined each chevron to make each colour stand out.









No comments:

Post a Comment