Monday 20 July 2015

Sophie's Cohorted Beauty Box

Hi everyone! You may have seen the other day on my Facebook and Twitter page that I was going to do something a little different on my blog... well this is it!

As you know I have been travelling for a little while now and am currently in Australia trying to recuperate some money! That said, finding new and exciting beauty products to try, is a little difficult at the moment as I can't actually afford to try an new ones, cry. I haven't forgotten about my little blog though, so I've been thinking of ways to keep it exciting.

The other day, I was catching up with my best friend and fellow beauty lover Sophie, and she messaged me about a new beauty box she tried. The message itself was like a review, so I've invited her to do a post on my blog as I thought it was something you guys would definitely like to hear about!

Sophie is that friend that the Gretchin Weiners was talking about when she said "you wouldn't buy a skirt without asking your friend first if it looked good on you". Sophie extends her expertise to makeup and nail varnishes too, so I don't buy any beauty products without her approval first!

Sophie is also getting married next year and I am going to be her bridesmaid, so expect her to feature a lot more in my blog in the future!

So now you know a little bit about her, I present to you without further ado... Sophie!

Wearing the 'Wicked Queen' lipstick


Well fellow beauty addicts, I know I am not alone in the search for a beauty box that offers real excitement and proper products - not just samples and miniature bits and bobs that seem to collect dust under the bed - but real products. So I am so happy and relieved to be able to say - I have found it!! 

Cohorted still seem to be fairly new to the beauty world (but maybe that's why they're so good!) but in my opinion I would not be able to go back to the others (that will remain nameless) now I have discovered this black bowed box that was delivered to my front door this month..

It appears that you need to be ready to click that order button as soon as the boxes become available as there are only a limited number each month. Luckily, there is a specific date and time so you can get yourself prepared for the big day - I've just managed to order myself the August box! Of course, I must mention, it does come at a slightly higher price point. You will find you are paying double the price to the others on the market but when they're worth at least triple the £20 price point - you will not be disappointed. So let's have a look at my July box..

Let me begin by explaining that I wasn't crazy about all of the four products I received - however, this is only because I already own one of them. This is the Nails Inc Matte polish in 'Gatwick'. I am a fan of Nails Inc polishes and I particularly love their Kensington top coat but red mattes just don't do it for me. That's not to say others wouldn't enjoy it but I do think it's one I will pass on to a friend as I wouldn't get much use out of it.

The second product I like but, as its only a 50ml and not full size, it didn't wow me. What I would say is that I am a fan of Gucci fragrances so being able to try the 'Black' variation of Gucci Guilty did make me put it straight in the shower! I love a shower gel and this filled the bathroom with a gorgeous oriental scent with notes of violet and amber. I feel like a luxurious shower gel can be well spent money and even better if you layer it with your perfume for a longer lasting scent.

On to the best bits! I was thrilled to receive this next product - I'm not a tanning expert nor am I one of those lucky beings who manages to pick up a natural bronzed glow! However - a gradual tan seems pretty perfect for me as it isn't too scary! Not only does St Tropez's Gradual Tan offer me a 'beautiful radiant glow' but its 4 in 1 technology also promises to tone, firm & moisturise. What more can I ask for - a beach-perfect body all year round? I wish! Retailing at £20.00, this was so worth it!



The final 'piece de resistance' was the beautiful Snow White & The Huntsman collection by Diego Dalla Palma. Now I've heard about this brand through various beauty blogs but haven't yet managed to get my hands on anything! The collection offers six gorgeous eyeshadow shades with a mixture of mattes and shimmers, a Dark Night eye pencil and stunning Wicked Queen red lipstick. A fan of all things glamorous and Snow White, I dipped straight in. The lipstick is beautiful, it's the perfect red and glides on with fantastic pigment and a really light, non-sticky feel - it's gone straight in my handbag! (pictured above) The eye pencil also has a good pigment to it and I found it really easy to apply with precision. The shadows are all very easy to use and blend really nicely with each other - with six different shades you can achieve many looks. Win-win all around!




All in all I am one happy beauty bunny! I am so excited for my next box and look forward to Cohorted setting up a subscription option which is apparently coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment