Saturday 16 March 2013

Monochrome Mix and Match


This Spring 2013, black and white is in! All over the catwalks and high streets, monochrome is the trend of the season so I thought I would carry the trend onto my nails.
I had a lot of fun doing these nails as I used a lot of new tools I haven't used before!
I used Barry M white and black polish for the base and also used the Barry M white and black crackle polish for my index fingers.

Barry M crackle paints and Barry M nail colours

For my dotty thumbs I used the thin nib on the model's own nail art pens, and the thin striper end for the french tip on my 'ring' fingers. I used some nail tape for the first time on my little fingers to create the straight stripes. I had a bit of trouble using it so filled in any problems with the little nib.

Nail tape and model's own nail art pens

Finally, my zebra print middle fingers were done using my new MoYou stamper set which I purchased at the Beauty Show a few weeks back. The kit included a black nail paint, the stamper, and 3 metal discs with a variety of patterns on them. This took a few goes and even then I am still not perfect at it, but it looks really cool and is something I want to practice! My kit is quite a high end one and I paid £22 for it and that was a bargain! I know that Claire's accessories do similar kits with one disc and the stamper for £9 so may be worth a purchase.



I used my Leighton Denney 'One For All' as my base and top coat, and finished with my Mavala quick dry oil.

*everything in this post I bought myself. The MoYou set, oil seal drier and Leighton Denney one for all polish, were at a discounted price due to the beauty show I attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment