Wednesday 12 February 2014

Ren Cleansing Balm

We may be coming to the end winter, and entering the Spring season of April showers and the occasional burst of sunshine, but in the UK the weather could not be wetter or windier if it tried. During the days of sideways rain and whipping winds, my skin really goes into panic mode and becomes, dry, uncomfortable and flaky. Anyone who reads my blog will know I suffer from severe dryness around my nose area, that looks like eczema or something similar which I really battle with, and I would say is probably my number one skin concern. Walking to work when the weather is like this, makes my nose so unsightly but also really chapped and painful. I have friends who seem to be suffering with something similar, is anyone else?? When my nose becomes as painful and sensitive as it is, I have to really give it some TLC. My latest saviour is the Ren 'Rosa Centifolia Cleansing Balm'. Just to clear up any confusion, Ren have recently repackaged a lot of their stuff, and this used to just be called 'No.1 Cleansing Purity Balm' with a grey band at the top. Now thats sorted let me tell you why I love this balm.


I usually keep this Cleansing balm at my boyfriends house. It is such a versatile product its the only thing I really need to keep round his. This Cleansing balm is similar to products such as Eve Lom's famous cleanser, because as soon as it touches the skin it turns into a oil, and melts into the skin. When water is added, it turns into a milkier consistency, and washes away leaving skin feeling comfortably cleansed. This cleanser removes all traces of makeup, including waterproof eye makeup (although it stings slightly if you get it in your eye), and comes with a cloth that allows you to gently buff and exfoliate.



The Rose in the product makes it really soothing, and perfect for my dry nose. When its feeling particularly sad, I apply the balm to soothe the sensitivity and just leave it on. You can see why it is the only product I leave at my boyfriend's as it cleanses, removes makeup, exfoliates and makes a lovely face mask. Not only all this, but the brands is a natural brand and has no parabens, sulfates or mineral oils, meaning the product is helping your skin in such a gentle way, which we all know by now is a big thumbs up from me. I have had to bring this product home so I can use it more often, but I am also away on a skiing holiday in a couple of weeks where the whipping winds and cold will really harm my nose, so it is the first product going in my suitcase.

Ren has so many exciting new products and ranges coming out, including a hot cloth cleanser to rival Liz Earle's cult product, which will join the cleansing range along side the balm. Their new V-Cense range also has some interesting products coming out such as the one minute wonder facial product, which I cannot wait to try! I've been using a lot more Ren recently so keep your eyes peeled for more reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment