Tuesday 4 February 2014

Knitted Nails

Hello there!

Any of you who read my blog regularly, will notice that on the right hand side I have a new panel of 'Things I like'. Under there is the 'Eat Sleep Knit' link, which I advise you should all go and look at. Fran is a friend from school, and she knits a huge array of cool hats, scarfs, gloves and other hand crafted goodies. Her creativity inspired me to do these knit inspired nails.




I first saw these nails on 'Polished Elegance' and thought they looked really cool and effective. I wanted to do more of the knitted pattern, so did that on all my nails apart from the thumb, where I imitated the balls of yarn. I loved the colour scheme and thought it tied in quite well with the 'Eat Sleep Knit' logo.


The colours I used were 'Electric Teal' by Jessica. 'Cobalt Blue' and 'Bright Purple' both by Barry M. 


I used my models own nail stripers to create the knitted effect, and wiped of the striper so there was barely any paint on it, to get the more gappy lines to give the knit effect. If there was too much paint I feel it would have not looked knitted at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment