Friday 17 January 2014

Day 16: Gradient

Apologies again for this post being late, I did actually do these nails ready for the 16th, but this manicure was really hard to photograph so it took a bit longer than planned! These are however, my 'Gradient' prompt nails.




Once again I tried to think a little more out of the box for this one, than just the standard two tone manicure. This gradient is probably far too summery for this time of year, but we all need a bit of colour in our life sometimes! This is another manicure inspired by the Wah Girls book, but I used colours from the rainbow.

image from wellnailed.blogspot.co.uk

The colours I used are Bright Red by Barry M, Speed Dial by Ciate, Lemon from Barry M, Radioactive by Jessica, Cyan Blue and Berry, again both from Barry M.


 I put on a white colour first to make the colours really pop, especially where the two colours mix on each nail. I (again) used Barry M matte white.
To achieve this look all you need are sponges. A good top coat will seal everything in together and finish the look off perfectly. I used, you guessed it, Barry M top coat.


To make the two colours merge in a seamless gradient, I paint the two colours next to each other on a piece of foil, pick it up on a flat sponge, and dab up and down in the centre of the nail just slightly overlapping from side to side to get the gradient down the middle. It's so so easy, and is a look that is easily achieved but looks quite technical.


This is certainly a manicure I will do again, but I will probably experiment with differnt colour combinations.





No comments:

Post a Comment