Tuesday 28 January 2014

Day 28: Re-Creation


 Today is the penultimate post to my 'Nail Art January Challenge'. Todays prompt is 'Re-creation' and I have been looking forward to this one, (I swear I have said this for every prompt) as re creating some older designs of mine has been something I have wanted to do for a while. It is really true what they say, practice really does make perfect, (and by no means am I saying I am perfect), I still have a long way to go and think you never do stop learning, but I personally think I have grown a lot in terms of skill and imagination in the last couple of years I have been doing nail art. Nails that I was so proud off before, make me cringe now looking back at how sloppy or messy they are.


 These tuxuedo nails are ones that particularly make me do this! I did them for a friends birthday party a couple of years ago and I thought they were so quirky and cool and I was really happy with myself. I originally used cocktail sticks for this design but I used nail art pens this time round for more precision. 



I do still think they are a really simple and cute design, but I think my 'now' version has a bit more detail and interest. I am still not 100% happy with them, and want them to be sharper, and now I wish I had done the bow ties the cuticle end of my nail like I did before, but hey, you learn from your mistakes. I saw this design on Wah Nails and have added the little collars like they did. 


A group of my favourite nail art bloggers The Nailasaurus, Chalkboard Nails, Work/Play/Polish and Rebecca Likes Nails started a thing called 'Lacquer Legion' which is basically a monthly nail art challenge, as you can imagine doing nails every 3 days can be a bit testing. The first day of the lacquer legion started yesterday, and luckily enough the prompt for that was 'reinvention', so it all tied in rather nicely for me! Make sure you look out for my 'Lacquer Legion' posts in the future, its a really cool idea I'm excited about. This post will be the first of many posts where I recreate a nail art look I did in the past. So keep your eyes peeled for that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment